The following is a list of events held at our school annually or biannually. Our events help raise funds to improve our school, but more importantly, build a strong community among Mead’s families. Come join us!
- Back to School potluck picnic: Bring a potluck dish to share and picnic settings for your family. This is a great opportunity for returning families to see one another and meet the new Mead families.
- Movie Night: Each October we project a movie onto the side of the building from inside the playground. That night we have a bake sale complete with popcorn and caramel apples. The children love this event!
- Fall Festival: One of our favorite events of the year! Our playground is turned into a festival ground celebrating fall complete with circus performers, carnival games, children’s activities, music, food booths and a silent auction. The Fall Festival serves as our main fundraising event of the year.
- Coffee and Conversation: C & C serves as a casual way for Mead parents to connect with one another each month after drop off. Coffee and Conversation can also serve as a book club for parents, with titles focusing on issues of child development. Meetings are held monthly in the Mead Auditorium.
- In-School Parent Work Days: Meet in the Mead Auditorium after morning drop off to help make the wonderful materials our children use everyday in the classroom. It’s a great opportunity for parents to chat and get to know each other. It’s also a great way to become familiar with the materials your child works with in the classroom. (And it’s a HUGE help to the teachers!). Meets monthly.
- Fall and Spring Work parties: Bring your cleaning and gardening supplies to help spruce up the classrooms and grounds. It’s a fun event that leaves the facility looking great for our kids!
- Book Fair: Just in time for the holidays, our school partners with the wonderful folks at Union Avenue Books to provide hand picked book titles for children ages 1-12. There are also adult titles related to cooking, crafting and child development.
- Spaghetti Dinner: In February, families are invited to come to school for a spaghetti dinner fundraiser. This is a great way to spend a cold winter evening, connecting with other parents. Plus- parent get a break from cooking dinner!
- Rummage Sale and Pancake Breakfast: Our rummage sale and pancake breakfast happens bi-annually in April. Parents donate household and children’s items for re-sale in our auditorium. This serves as a great way to teach children about the reduce, reuse, recycle principles. The pancake breakfast happens in conjunction with the spring rummage sale.
- Elementary Art Show: Our Elementary class provides beautiful pieces of one-of-a-kind art work that can be bid on- should the artist be able to part with his/her masterpiece! Lox Salon has been host to our Elementary Art show, taking place in conjunction with the First Friday events in downtown Knoxville.
- End of the Year Program: At the end of the school year we have a school-wide potluck picnic. Each class performs a selections of songs and/or poetry which is followed by the picnic.