To subscribe from the calendar outside of Google Calendar, use this link:
The following is a list of events held at our school annually or biannually. Our events help raise funds to improve our school, but more importantly, build a strong community among Mead’s families. Come join us!
- Back to School potluck picnic: Bring a potluck dish to share and picnic settings for your family. This is a great opportunity for returning families to see one another and meet the new Mead families.
- Fall Festival: One of our favorite events of the year! Our playground is turned into a festival ground celebrating fall complete with circus performers, carnival games, children’s activities, music, food booths and a silent auction. The Fall Festival serves as our main fundraising event of the year.
- Coffee and Conversation: C & C serves as a casual way for Mead parents to connect with one another each month after drop off. Coffee and Conversation can also serve as a book club for parents, with titles focusing on issues of child development.
- Fall and Spring Work parties: Bring your cleaning and gardening supplies to help spruce up the classrooms and grounds. It’s a fun event that leaves the facility looking great for our kids!
- Elementary Art Show: Our Elementary class provides beautiful pieces of one-of-a-kind art work that can be bid on- should the artist be able to part with his/her masterpiece! Lox Salon has been host to our Elementary Art show, taking place in conjunction with the First Friday events in downtown Knoxville.
- End of the Year Program: At the end of the school year we have a school-wide potluck picnic. Each class performs a selections of songs and/or poetry which is followed by the picnic.